If you're looking for a way to avoid decoding errors within the database, the cp1252 encoding (aka "Windows-1252" aka "Windows Western European") is the most permissive encoding there is - every byte value is a valid code point.

Of course it's not going to understand genuine UTF-8 any more, nor any other non-cp1252 encoding, but it sounds like you're not too concerned about that?

error incorrect data to updating code 306-62error incorrect data to updating code 306-32error incorrect data to updating code 306-9

Previously I was trying to import an excel created csv. ' in my website, then i check Mysql's character set which is latin now ,so i change it into utf-8,then i restart my project ,then i got the same error with you , then i found that i forget to change the database's charset and change into utf-8, boom,it worked.

Note The information on this page is intended to be used by programmers so that the software they write can better deal with errors. Each one can occur in one of many hundreds of locations in the system.

If you encounter this error either the data you are sending is not UTF-8 encoded, or your connection is not UTF-8.

First, verify, that the data source (a file, ...) SELECT `tables`.`TABLE_NAME`, `collations`.`character_set_name` FROM `information_schema`.`TABLES` AS `tables`, `information_schema`.`COLLATION_CHARACTER_SET_APPLICABILITY` AS `collations` WHERE `tables`.`table_schema` = DATABASE() AND `collations`.`collation_name` = `tables`.`table_collation` ; @Kariem: This is strange, because this setting is covered by the SET NAMES command, which is equivalent to calling SET character_set_client, SET character_set_results, SET character_set_connection dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/charset-connection.htmlthis answer is great at explaining the problem but very poor at detailing the solution (which is what OP asked for).

Sometimes the code is returned by a function deep in the stack and far removed from your code that is handling the error.

The following list describes system error codes (errors 0 to 499).Then when I do my data import of a csv file I load the csv into UE Studio then save it formatted as utf8 and Voila!It works like a charm, 29000 records in there no errors.I would not suggest Richies answer, because you are screwing up the data inside the database.You would not fix your problem but try to "hide" it and not being able to perform essential database operations with the crapped data.The only disadvantage of doing this is that you have to take care of the encoding yourself. Refer to this page more details of the differences between TEXT/LONGTEXT and BLOB/LONGBLOB.